The Brazilian has been not able to provide an update on his future but has vowed to give his all to the Blues’ cause for as long as you can.
Willian says that he would have”no difficulty” continuing to play for Chelsea past July if the 2019-20 effort is extended as a result of coronavirus outbreak.
The 31-year-old just has three-and-a-half months left to run on his current deal at Stamford Bridge and has yet to achieve an agreement with the Blues within an extension.
Chelsea have offered the Brazil global the opportunity to stay in west London until 2022, but he’s confessed to holding out for an additional year on top of this.
Willian has enjoyed a hugely successful seven-year spell from the Premier League since moving into the Bridge from Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013.
He’s gathered over 300 appearances for the Blues across all contests during that period of time, picking up two Premier League winners’ awards along the way.
It might be Willian’s time at Chelsea is cut short before the current season is concluded if the top-flight doesn’t resume as planned on April 4, but he has vowed to remain loyal no matter his contract situation if he’s still needed.
“My contract actually finishes, I think in July,” the midfielder told Esporte Interativo through a live Facebook chat.
“And when I had to play on these dates, in today, I think it would not be a problem for me to finish the league in a way which would be faithful to the club, as they always were with me. No matter a signed paper.
“But it’s apparent that this isn’t a certainty, we do not know what can happen. But without a doubt, as always, I shall always be prepared to provide the best to my club irrespective of my contract situation.”
When asked if he was any closer to agreeing on new terms with Chelsea, Willian responded: “No, nothing new, no news.
“Especially after what is happening, everything stopped. But so far no news about anything.”
Willian and the remainder of the Chelsea squad have been self-isolating because Callum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for Covid-19 last week, as the authorities continue to attempt to manage the global pandemic.
The Brazilian additional on the steps the team has put in place to ensure the safety of staff and players: “The directions they passed on to us were that nobody should leave the home.
“Unless there is something you will need to purchase, in the market or in the pharmacy. But we should not leave the home, not to visit any other sort of place.
“And when the club knew something that the players would be leaving, they would find us. That is what they said .”